|Distance||25 miles (40.2
|OS Map Ref:||SP277641|
Warwick Tourist Information Centre
The Court House
Tel: 01926 492212
There’s a colour leaflet with full route description for this and other cycle routes and walks around and out from Warwick. Click ‘Download Trail here’ at the bottom of the page to order your detailed trail guide, before setting out.
General overview of route:
1. Start around The Racehorse pub, on the A429 heading southwest out of Warwick, soon picking up the cycle lane.
2. Take care with the short, busy stretch of road around the M40 crossing.
3. Then it’s quiet country lanes through Sherbourne to Hampton Lucy and onwards to the National Trust’s Charlecote Park estate.
4. Spend a little time by the river at Wellesbourne. If you want to take the route extension, head up- and downhill towards Compton Verney, a dazzling art gallery in an historic house. Then carry along the foothills and rejoin the main route.
5. Now it’s past Chesterton Windmill, a noted landmark of southeastern Warwickshire, and onto Harbury where there are plenty of shops and refreshments.
6. The final stretches are more built up around the suburbs of Leamington and back into Warwick – where you can detour into the town centres.