|Distance||20 miles (32.1
|OS Map Ref:||SP394522|
Leamington Visitor Information Centre
Royal Pump Rooms
Royal Leamington Spa
Tel: 01926 742762
There’s a colour leaflet with full route description for this and other cycle routes and walks around and out from Burton Dassett Hills Country Park. Click ‘Download Trail here’ at the bottom of the page to order your detailed trail guide, before setting out.
General overview of route:
1. Burton Dassett Country Park’s rugged hilltops are home to a medieval beacon and ironstone quarries.
2. From the car park attendant’s hut, head uphill. Go right at the crossroads and continue into Avon Dassett – the road is very steep downhill!
3. Continue into Arlescote and then to Radway along the edge of the hill. A detour to the National Trust’s Upton House is 2 miles to the left.
4. On your right is Edgehill Battlefield, where 1,500 Roundheads and Cavaliers were killed in the first battle of the Civil War.
5. The route carries on to Tysoe, which has a pub and two shops, then turns right into Oxhill, again with a pub.
6. Several miles on, Kineton has a number of shops and pubs, as does, next stop, Gaydon.
7. The final quiet lane return takes you away from the main road, back to the country park.