|Distance||3.1 miles (4.98
|OS Map Ref:||SP209964|
Nuneaton Tourist Information Centre
Tel: 0300 555 8171
General overview of route (please click ‘Download Trail here’ at the bottom of the page for full direction details and distances before setting out):
1. Make for the visitor centre then past the children’s playground. The footpath heads to Kingsbury village, continuing beside Bodymoor Heath Lake.
2. Take your time to enjoy the sights—the lake teems with wildfowl and is used for all sorts of boating. The path crosses bridges and a flood plain towards the river and old meadows.
3. Passing under the motorway bridge, beside the river and a series of pools, follow the path into the nature reserve. Bird hides with seats look out over the water. Maybe stop and watch the wildlife.
4. Follow on to the Birmingham & Fazeley Canal and along the towpath. You reach Curdworth Bottom Lock, Kingsbury Swing Bridge and Common Lock.
5. At Bodymoor Heath Bridge leave the towpath, join the road and turn left back to the visitor centre.