|Distance||4.3 miles (6.92
|OS Map Ref:||SP210433|
Stratford-upon-Avon Visitor Information Centre
Tel: 01789 264293
General overview of route (please click ‘Download Trail here’ at the bottom of the page for full direction details and distances before setting out):
1. Your walk starts in the Cotswolds village of Ilmington. Park on the village green in front of the small Roman Catholic church, leading off past it to leave the village.
2. Heading uphill, the path climbs through fields. Follow Pig Lane and a bridleway taking you past the radio antenna.
3. Climbing a little more, you will reach the top of Ilmington Down, the highest point in Warwickshire. Enjoy a breather and the views, and remember, it’s all downhill from here!
4. A mix of lanes and bridleways brings you back towards Ilmington, with the final stretch of path across fields and stiles leading to the village parish church.
5. Wander though the village, admiring its stone buildings, before returning to the village green, or taking refreshments at the pub, cafe or village shop.