|Distance||10 miles (16.0
|OS Map Ref:||SP197540|
Stratford-upon-Avon Visitor Information Centre
Tel: 01789 264293
There’s a colour leaflet with full route description for this and other cycle routes and walks around and out from Stratford-upon-Avon. Click ‘Download Trail here’ at the bottom of the page to order your detailed trail guide, before setting out.
1. Start at Seven Meadows Car Park on the south side of Stratford-upon-Avon, off the roundabout near the racecourse.
2. Visitors to the Greenway can start and finish their cycle from the cycle hire centre at the start of the track. You can get refreshments at the Carriages Cafe and also hire bikes if you reserve them in advance.
3. If there are young family members in your group, then halfway along the route, after 2.5 miles, why not stop at Milcote picnic area. This is the site of the former station master’s garden.
4. At the end of the line, the pretty village of Long Marston has a shop, post office and pub, before you return along the route you have just cycled.
5. For those with more energy, Long Marston is also the start of a number of other circuits on roads that will take you on longer scenic routes cross country back to Stratford.