|Distance||15 miles (24.1
|OS Map Ref:||SP313346|
Stratford-upon-Avon Visitor Information Centre
Tel: 01789 264293
General overview of route (please click ‘Download Trail here’ at the bottom of the page for full direction details and distances before setting out):
Please park with consideration for the local community.
1. From the picturesque village of Whichford with its pottery and pub (offering self-catering and caravan pitches), cycle into the hamlet of Ascott and pick up the trail heading northwards.
2. The route follows quiet lanes, old sunken tracks and bridleways, passing a number of small, pretty villages.
3. The section near Upper Brailes village can be particularly wet and muddy in the valley – so be warned!
4. Stop halfway round in Upper or Lower Brailes for the village shop and pubs.
5. Returning via bridleways, farm tracks and quiet lanes you pass Whichford Wood, which shimmers with bluebells in mid spring.