|Distance||5.5 miles (8.85
|OS Map Ref:||SP425646|
Leamington Visitor Information Centre
Royal Pump Rooms
Royal Leamington Spa
Tel: 01926 742762
Route description (please click ‘Download Trail here’ at the bottom of the page for full direction details and distances before setting out):
1. Leave the Blue Lias pub car park, cross over the canal, join the towpath and head up the locks. At the top, continue past the Boat Inn passing under bridges 20 and 19.
2. Immediately before bridge 18, leave the canal, cross the bridge, through several fields, and pass Sunnyside Farm on your left. Pass through two metal gates, two minor roads and along a farm track.
3. As a large field opens out on your left, turn right at the footpath sign and aim for the tall chimney in the distance. Head across the field, over a stile, cross the brook and walk to the far right corner. Keeping the hedge on your right, continue to the stile and turn left then immediately right onto the farm road, passing St Michael’s Church.
4. Pass the Barley Mow pub, continue along Mount Pleasant, gently uphill through hedge-lined paths to the footpath that reaches the A426. Carefully cross this busy road, following the route downhill and through a hedge-lined path, passing a house on your right.
5. Keep the hedge to the right. At the gap, go through the hedge to the left corner of the field. Go through two kissing gates, across the derelict railway line, back to Stockton Reservoir and the Blue Lias pub.