|Distance||7 miles (11.2
|OS Map Ref:||SP088572|
Stratford-upon-Avon Visitor Information Centre
Tel: 01789 264293
General overview of route (please click ‘Download Trail here’ at the bottom of the page for full direction details and distances before setting out):
1. Start from the free parking available near the Swan Hotel in Bleachfield Street. Explore the medieval High Street, past the Town Hall and stroll down the delightful and much photographed Malt Mill Lane.
2. Crossing the River Arrow leads you to the lovely village of Oversley Green. Leave past the Golf Driving Range, heading east.
3. The route leads on to Oversley Wood, particularly fine in springtime with bluebells and wild flowers. Continue uphill and be rewarded by fine views.
4. Leaving the wood, head towards the attractive village of Exhall, then along a very quiet village road to Wixford opposite the Three Horse Shoes pub.
5. Passing along farm tracks and past farms, continue beyond Oversley Castle, and again cross the River Arrow before heading back into Alcester town centre.