|Distance||8 miles (12.8
|OS Map Ref:||SP394522|
Leamington Visitor Information Centre
Royal Pump Rooms
Royal Leamington Spa
Tel: 01926 742762
There’s a colour leaflet with full route description for this and other cycle routes and walks around and out from Burton Dassett Hills Country Park. Click ‘Download Trail here’ at the bottom of the page to order your detailed trail guide, before setting out.
The following describes the route in detail, however a map is advisable.
1. Burton Dassett Country Park comprises a series of rugged hilltops, a medieval beacon, ironstone quarries and a small woodland.
2. Follow the lane leaving the car park attendant’s hut, crossing the cattle grid and heading uphill.
3. In 1 mile go straight over the crossroads (look out for traffic from the right). After another mile, turn left into Farnborough village and turn left again. (You can detour to the right at the crossroad to visit Farnborough Hall.)
4. Continue through the village (with pub) and just before the last house on the right go through a gate on your left onto a track.
5. Bear left through a second gate towards Fenny Compton (pub and shop).
6. Here, turn right and then left onto Northend. In approximately 1 mile turn left into Northend and continue through the village.
7. Turn left by the pub and left again after a quarter mile. Head back uphill into the country park.