|Distance||16 miles (25.7
|OS Map Ref:||SP371724|
Leamington Visitor Information Centre
Royal Pump Rooms
Royal Leamington Spa
Tel: 01926 742762
There’s a colour leaflet with full route description for this and other cycle routes and walks around and out from Ryton Pools Country Park. Click ‘Download Trail here’ at the bottom of the page to order your detailed trail guide, before setting out.
General overview of route:
1. From the visitor centre go up the hill within the country park.
2. A number of gates need opening and closing on this section, as you pass through Wappenbury Wood.
3. The stony bridleway twists and turns through fields on the way to Hunningham, from where the route carries onto the Fosse Way, a straight Roman Road linking the major cities of Bath and Lincoln.
4. The minor road continues to Marton, Frankton and Bourton-on-Dunsmore, before turning back through Stretton-on-Dunsmore; you will pass a number of pubs and occasional village shop.
5. Crossing a couple of busy roads, head back towards the woods and the stretch of trail returning to the country park.